Have you ever wondered who edits your favorite crossword puzzle? Did you ever think that was even a real job? Today’s guest is Emily Peck Prokop, a puzzle editor from Penny Press, a company that produces different crossword, Sudoku and other game books, and other games Find ud af mere.
In this episode, she shares what exactly her job requires, what goes in to creating one puzzle book and how her journey through life led her to a love of crossword puzzles, and an eventual career.
Listen in to hear all of that and so much more on today’s edition of How Did You Get Into That?.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW
- What exactly does a puzzle editor do?
- How many people work on one particular book of puzzles?
- The special “skills” Emily had that qualified her for this job.
- How can you also work on puzzles?
- Why working today isn’t supposed to be fun, but it can be!
- How does a love for puzzles turn into a career?
- How much special knowledge is needed for this job?
- How to find “your thing” and do it every day.
- And much, much more!
- Emily on Twitter
- Emily on Facebook
- Email Emily
- Media Bistro website
- Penny Press website
- Classy Podcast website
- Classy Podcast on Twitter
- Get Started as a Speaker
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com