Are you looking for a “do-over” in your professional life? Jon Acuff, our guest for today’s show, knows exactly how to make it happen.
Jon has worked for large companies like The Home Depot and Auto Trader while transitioning into his profession as a New York Times best-selling author and public speaker. Rather than sticking with jobs he didn’t enjoy he hustled to land his dream job.
He is now the author of Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work and Never Get Stuck, a book focused on how to help you reinvent your professional life. On this episode of How Did You Get Into That? Jon shares how he changed his career path, built his social media following and realized the skills he possessed for a successful career.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What should you look for in a mentor?
- Why Jon had to sacrifice certain things in order to accomplish more.
- The myth of overnight success.
- The four types of “do over” moments.
- Should you follow a five-year plan?
- Why everyone shouldn’t be an entrepreneur.
- How do you know which skills you should focus on?
- Can you learn how to hustle?
- Jon Acuff’s web site
- Jon on Twitter
- Jon on Facebook
- Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work and Never Get Stuck, by Jon Acuff
- Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job & Your Dream Job, by Jon Acuff
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com