Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Have you ever gotten a credit card and tried to figure out their points program? It can be incredibly confusing! Here to make sense of it all is travel points industry leader Brian Kelly, aka The Points Guy.
Brian travelled a lot as a kid and learned about points and miles while helping his Dad book travel for business trips. After he graduated from college, he settled into a corporate job in HR but quickly realized the corporate lifestyle wasn’t for him.
So in June 2010 he started a blog to share his knowledge with family and friends. On this episode of How Did You Get Into That? Brian shares how he grew his blog to an industry-leading site with over 1.5 million unique visitors a month, and a full-time business with five employees.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why Brian turned down the Chief Editor job at Condé Nast.
- The secret to booking a cheap trip.
- How Brian landed a seat in first class while his dad was in coach!
- How do you get over imposter syndrome?
- What can you do to intentionally grow your audience?
- Why the tough corporate environment prepared him for what he’s doing today.
- The way to get traditional media exposure for your blog.
- How can you stand out in a crowded niche?
- And much more!
- How can you get traction on your blog?
- What you must do before writing every blog post.
- How can you take advantage of points even if you don’t travel a lot?
If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear a few additional minutes of the interview, Click here to get the exclusive bonus material.
- Brian Kelly’s web site
- Brian Kelly’s app site
- Brian Kelly on Twitter
- Brian Kelly on Facebook
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com
Loved this conversation and have been listening lots to your podcast lately on my walks :-).
Leave a comment