Do you have a passion and want to turn it into a business but have no idea how to get started? Today’s guest, Dean Karnazes, aka “Ultramarathon Man,” did and he’s sharing his wisdom with you on today’s show.
Dean had a lucrative corporate career, but it just wasn’t fulfilling. On the night of his 30th birthday, out at a bar doing tequila shots with friends, he finally had enough. He made the decision right then and there, at 11pm, to go run 30 miles to celebrate his 30th birthday. He ran for 7 ½ hours straight, and hasn’t looked back since!
On this episode of How Did You Get Into That? Dean shares with us how he made the transition from a corporate career he hated to doing what he loves for a living, and how you can too.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How Dean took inspiration from unlikely sources to build his brand as a runner.
- What you need to do in order to monetize your passion/hobby.
- How Dean dealt with self-doubt.
- What steps do you take when there is no clear path?
- The one thing you need to do, right now, if you want to turn your passion into your career.
- How do you make the leap if it means taking a pay cut?
- How can you develop an income if you can’t sell what you do?
- Dean’s transition point, and how he knew he could quit his job.
- Dean Karnazes’ web site
- Dean Karnazes on Twitter
- Ultramarathon Man, by Dean Karnazes
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com