Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
One of the hottest trends right now is handmade, handcrafted items. From homemade craft beers to knitting to vintage jewelry, there’s a cornucopia of homegrown items, products and businesses thriving today.
On this episode Kiri Masters joins us to tell us about her own success in this area: she teaches people how to make their own custom lamps and lampshades.
We dive into how she got into this area, what her business entails, when she knew to make the leap and why it’s worked on this episode of How Did You Get Into That?.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What was her “light bulb” moment (pun intended)?
- Why does she think handmade and DIY is so hip right now?
- How long has she been interested in entrepreneurship?
- Two ways to explore whether or not there’s a market for your business.
- Her practical advice for transitioning into business ownership.
- Why consulting gigs can be helpful when you’re just getting started.
- And so much more!
- How Kiri grew and scaled her custom lamp business, and her advice for you.
- Why you should start slow when growing your business.
- Two alternatives to Etsy, and why you may want to explore them.
If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear a few additional minutes of the interview, Click here to get the exclusive bonus material.
- Kiri Masters’ web site
- Kiri’s tutorials
- Kiri Masters on Twitter
- Kiri on Pinterest
- Kiri on Instagram
- The 7 Day Start-Up, by Dan Norris
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com
I really enjoyed speaking with you, Grant! Hope our chat is helpful to others out there who are interested in the DIY space. I am absolutely happy to chat with anyone who has specific questions they feel I could help with about the DIY industry, e-commerce, or anything else we spoke about.
Leave a comment