One of the hottest trends right now is handmade, handcrafted items. From homemade craft beers to knitting to vintage jewelry, there’s a cornucopia of homegrown items, products and businesses thriving today.
On this episode Kiri Masters joins us to tell us about her own success in this area: she teaches people how to make their own custom lamps and lampshades.
We dive into how she got into this area, what her business entails, when she knew to make the leap and why it’s worked on this episode of How Did You Get Into That?.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What was her “light bulb” moment (pun intended)?
- Why does she think handmade and DIY is so hip right now?
- How long has she been interested in entrepreneurship?
- Two ways to explore whether or not there’s a market for your business.
- Her practical advice for transitioning into business ownership.
- Why consulting gigs can be helpful when you’re just getting started.
- And so much more!
- Kiri Masters’ web site
- Kiri’s tutorials
- Kiri Masters on Twitter
- Kiri on Pinterest
- Kiri on Instagram
- The 7 Day Start-Up, by Dan Norris
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com