Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be a food truck chef? Lisa Carlson and Carrie know, they are the joint owners of Chef Shack Ranch in Minneapolis, MN.
Both Lisa and Carrie are trained chefs who worked in different restaurants for 20 years, which gave them the experience to create many different types of cuisine today. These two women met in 2001 and found they shared a passion for hospitality and good food, and decided to become life and business partners.
In this episode, Lisa and Carrie share their journey of owning and operating their food truck together, the not-so-glamorous lifestyle of the restaurant world, and how to keep on when others are doubt you and your dreams.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- The appealing nature of owning a food truck.
- What steps are required to become a chef?
- The “non-glamorous” parts of working in the food industry.
- The changing “sexist” work culture and how to deal with it.
- When is it okay to “quit your day job”?
- What is the process of acquiring, operating, and maintaining a successful food truck?
- And so much more!
- Chef Shack Ranch web site
- Chef Shack Ranch on Twitter
- Chef Shack Ranch on Facebook
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com