If you’ve always dreamt of calling the shots as your own boss you’ll want to hear what our guest for today’s show has to say!
Ray Edwards, was a big wig in the radio business when he began working in the copywriting field on the side. He made great money as a station manager but knew something was missing. When his side projects began to match his yearly income, he decided to make the leap and become his own boss.
In this episode of How’d You Get Into That? Ray shares all the details on how he started a new career as a copywriter and later a consultant who helps people become their own boss.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why did Ray start studying marketing?
- How old was he when he wrote his first ad?
- What was his watershed moment that convinced him to leave radio?
- What steps do you need to take to secure your first copywriting job?
- Why did he stop writing copy for clients?
- What sacrifices need to be made to become your own boss?
- How a mentor influenced his path.
- Ray Edwards web site
- Ray Edwards’ podcast
- Just Get Started, by Ray Edwards
- Secrets of a Freelance Writer: How to Make $100,000 a Year or More, by Bob Bly
- Ray Edwards on Twitter
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com