Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Wish you could start an online store, but just don’t know where to start? If so, you’ll want to listen to today’s show and our guest, Steve Chou.
Steve and his wife Jennifer are online entrepreneurs who replaced her six figure salary in less than a year selling wedding handkerchiefs online. Yes you read that right – wedding handkerchiefs!
They both made healthy salaries from their day jobs, but when Jennifer became pregnant it was the reality check Steve needed to finally make a change. On today’s episode of How Did You Get Into That?, you’ll hear how Steve and Jennifer made the leap from salaried employees to online entrepreneurs, and how you can too!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- How Steve and Jennifer came up with the idea for wedding handkerchiefs.
- Why it affects others in your family when you hate your job.
- How do you finally decide to make a change?
- What can you do to jumpstart your online business, right now?
- How do you validate your target market and test your product?
- What if you want to be an offline entrepreneur…do these principles still apply?
- How Jennifer transitioned out of her day job.
- The secret to using Ebay, Amazon and Etsy for your market research.
- How do you differentiate yourself from the competition in the e-commerce space?
- How can you learn from your competition?
- The one thing Steve would have done differently if he had to start over.
If you enjoyed this episode and want to hear a few additional minutes of the interview, Click here to get the exclusive bonus material.
- My Wife Quit Her Job web site
- Bumble Bee Linens web site
- How to Create a Profitable Online Store
- Steve Chou on Twitter
- Steve Chou on Facebook
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com
Leave a comment