One of the hottest marketing trends is to publish a book. Whatever your specialty or your career path becoming a published author is one of the most significant ways to establish yourself as an authority.
On this episode Tim Grahl, author and book marketing extraordinaire, talks about the strategies he’s used to help such notable people as Ramit Sethi, Guy Kawasaki, Dan Pink and Barbara Corcoran launch and market best-selling books.
We discuss why you need to build your platform before you want to release your book, why publishers aren’t going to market for you and much more on the 126th edition of How Did You Get Into That?.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Why your email list is your top asset when launching your book.
- How can you optimize for freedom? Tim explains.
- The two ways to know what you – and anyone else – value most.
- How he learned online marketing and online advertising.
- Why he made the leap to work only with authors.
- What’s the fastest way to build up a client list in ANY industry?
- And so much more!
- Tim Grahl’s web site
- Your First 1,000 Copies, by Tim Grahl
- Tim Grahl on Twitter
- Recession Proof Graduate, by Charlie Hoehn
- Get Started as a Speaker
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com