Have you ever wondered what it takes to sell artisan products? Travis Gravette is a social entrepreneur, meaning he uses his entrepreneurship to make a social impact.
He began in the non-profit sector but today he buys artisan products from Africa and sells them in the US with his company Red Earth.
In this episode, Travis shares what a social entrepreneur does and how he does it, how to begin a nonprofit, and how to move into creating a for-profit business.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- The local leaders making a difference in Africa.
- Why is it important to be charitable?
- How can I start a successful and meaningful non-profit?
- The importance of studying and learning before jumping in.
- How to merge a nonprofit and a budding for-profit business.
- Why did Travis choose to sell jewelry?
- How to be passionate about the company, not necessarily the product.
- And so much more!
- Red Earth’s web site
- Red Earth on Twitter
- Red Earth on Facebook
- Submit feedback on the show for a chance to win an Amazon gift card!
- Subscribe to the show on iTunes
- Subscribe to the show on Stitcher
- Email me with any questions, comments or guest suggestions at Grant@GrantBaldwin.com